Buying a home or property is the single largest purchase most of us will ever make. Doing it correctly is of utmost importance. I amexperienced in all phases of real estate transactions, and can guide you from contract to closing.
As part of my service, I will:
- Advise you on a real estate contract prepared by others
- Prepare a contract for you
- Assist with finding financing
- Obtain a location survey
- Assist in obtaining a home inspection
- Assist in obtaining a termite inspection
- Obtain an abstract of title
- Prepare the closing
- Provide title insurance for the lender and for you
- Record the documents in the land records of the jurisdiction where the property is located.
My firm is an approved agent for two (2) title insurance underwriters:
An advantage to having me conduct your real estate closing is that you will always have an attorney doing the closing, not a paralegal or secretary. I will take the time necessary to make sure that you understand the documents you are signing and will always be available after closing to answer questions that may come up later; AND my fees are comparable to the title companies in the area.
The following link is to the Maryland State Department of Assessments and Taxation. Through it you can find out pertinent information about the property you are buying or considering to buy and can determine the state assessment value. The site is balky and somewhat slow, but it does provide valuable information. If it does not work when you first try it, try again later.
For a free estimate of closing costs or to discuss other matters we may assist you with in the area of real estate law, please contact me